Old Joliet Prison Tours
Prison After Dark - Self Guided - General History
No tickets will be mailed. Your name and the names of all registered guests will be entered on a check-in list. Guests will provide their name upon arrival
- All participants will be required to sign a digital waiver of liability/hold harmless agreement before entering.
- Guests/Tours will meet at the Old Joliet Prison Check-In/Gift Shop Building in the main parking lot off of Collins Street in front of the prison
- Old Joliet Prison Address: 1125 Collins Street, Joliet, IL 60432 (312) 978-1282
- Closed toe shoes should be worn and dress for the weather as tours will be happening rain or shine
- Please check your calendar before purchasing your tickets. Once sold, tickets are non-refundable
- Tours are not currently ADA approved. Approximately 70% of the tour is accessible for all patrons
*Please keep in mind this is mostly an outside, approximate 1 mile walking tour. Should you need any special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Save money by becoming a Joliet Area Historical Museum member today! Click the button to the right for more information.
"Self-Guided Prison Tour"
Walk the site at your own pace. Informational signs are stationed throughout the grounds providing historical information and photos. The North Segregation Building, East cellhouse, Inmate Dining Room and Captain's Court is open to walk through. Tour hours between 10am and 5pm
"General History Prison Tour"
To sign up for a General History Prison Tour, click on the button or call (312)-978-1282 during regular business hours and weekends
"Prison After Dark Tour"
Disclaimer: This tour does not involve ghost hunting or paranormal activity and is not recommended for small children
To sign-up for a Prison After Dark Tour, click on the button or call (312)-978-1282 during regular business hours and weekends